Saturday, May 29, 2010

The Dream - continues . . . . . . .


It's the little things that pop up every now and then that make you realize what you are doing is all worth while. Thanks to my mom and aunt who recently found this in some old scrapbook. I was 10 years old at the time and decided back then to open my own "magic company".

This is my first catalog - they were all hand printed and illustrated and sold for .05 - As I look back some 40+ years later I now understand why I continue this journey and thank God and my parents for letting me spread my wings even then to pursue a dream. My dad has been gone almost 32 years and I remember the vacations here in Colon. This is where I always wanted to be.

And now our company is starting a new saga in Colon with a new building and lots of ambitious plans. We are adding to our in-house staff of dedicated craftspeople and reaching out even further by opening branch stores in select parts of the United States and yes, even Australia!

Those of you that know me understand why I do all of this. I love magic - and I believe it's heart and soul lies in the magic shop wherever it may be located. We look forward and beyond and grow our operation yet I still look back and remind myself - it was in Colon that I first 'believed'.

1 comment:

Jeff from Pittsburgh said...

You're not alone. For some strange and unknown reason, that 'blip' on State Route 86 has a weird amd mostly wonderful effect on people. Blackstone felt it, Percy Abbott felt it, Fox and Stern and Crandall and Conklin felt it. Even I have felt it. There is definitely some kind of unexplainable MAGIC in the air in that little, Michigan village!! Dream on!!