Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Changing Seasons . . .


Where has the summer gone ? This is a view from my deck and for the first time in a long time I can see the St. Joe river. During the spring and summer I could only hear it's babbling sounds and the fish jumping. Now, the deer and wild turkey ( and a few fox) make their way into the backyard. After a long day at the shop it is nice to come home and relax with a cup of coffee and listen to ....well..nothing :) Only a five minute jaunt from the magic shop, this is my slice of heaven.
As we make preparations for the upcoming busy holiday season I have to remind myself that sometimes I need to slow down and enjoy what God and nature has given us. It's too easy these days to get lost in the internet, check our cell phone every hour, watch all of the satellite tv shows.
Now, where is that second cup of coffee :)

1 comment:

me said...

I've been trying to tell you that for years. xo