Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Privelege & An Honor . . .


     I enjoy the people of this community and hope in some small way we are contributing to it's growth. I am honored and priveleged to have been asked to be the keynote speaker at this year's Colon High School Commencement on Friday, May 27th.  Thanks to high school principal Debra Swartz for asking me.

     My parents first introduced me to Colon and Magic in 1965. I am sure they had no idea that magic and Colon would play such a major role in my life. I am one of the lucky people on this earth. I knew what I wanted to be since I was 7 years of age and remember telling my mom and dad that I would someday live here. Dreams DO come true. . . . . . . . . . My mother is still with us but my father passed away in 1978. I just wish he could have been around to see what all of this has become. 

...but then perhaps he DOES know.........

No comments: