Friday, June 10, 2011

Looking Back...........


At age 14  - 1972 -I watched Neil Foster demonstrate the "Find The Lady Cards" over at Abbott's. It was a Saturday in December and I was trying to figure out what to buy for Christmas. Unfortunately this was out of my reach $$ wise and Neil ended up talking my dad and I into buying a table - a table! Are you kidding me? I wanted a trick. But it was the best investment I ever made. Now that I look back it was the best decision I ever made. Now some 40 years later I take that same advice I received as a 'customer' and pass it on to my 'customers'. Neil was my inspiration growing up in the magic world. There never was or never, ever will be another 'Flawless Foster'. You can find bits of his performances on youtube.com

It's worth the time - believe me - we can learn a lot from those that came before us. Routining seems to be a thing of the past these days. It is refreshing however to see a young man or young lady come into the shop wanting to put a show together and not just offer a 'bunch of tricks'. Our doors and ears are always open and we are always here to help. We know not everyone can visit the magic capital of the world but give us a phone call - let US help YOU! Let's talk MAGIC!

No comments: