Sunday, July 3, 2011

So long old friend.....















There is one heck of a magic show going on in heaven. It's a daily occurrence - however now they have a new 'emcee' - my old friend Hank Moorehouse is there to watch over the shows and make sure the acts are staying on time. He's smiling and having a good time - magic was his life. Still is...I heard he 'died' Friday - nobody ever 'dies' - only on stage.

Hank just passed on to a new stage with a new spotlight that is eternal. He is getting ready to introduce Harry, Johnsstone, Crandall, Fox and the rest of the gang.

Hank was the first 'professional' magician I ever met in 1974. I had this strange notion of putting together a magic convention in Indiana back then - I was only 14. Hank was the first to volunteer his services as emcee.

That friendship has lasted for over 37 years. He told me backstage at a Michigan Magic Day event in Ann Arbor, "Magic is my life,my hobby, my passion - I wouldn't have it any other way.."

We wouldn't either my friend....rest in peace

Now...............go break a leg

Rick

2 comments:

JEFF FROM PGH said...

Long live Hank Moorehouse...he may be gone but he will never be forgotten.

Al Bach said...

In one way or another everyone in magic makes great contributions ..... even those who are not known ..... Hank made many great contributions .... well done!
& very nice write up Rick
Al Bach