Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Looking Thru the Eyes of A Dummy




















Meet "Joey". As I work with the Colon Historical Society to improve the new magic displays, you find 'treasures'. This is one of them. "Joey" was Percy Abbott's ventriloquist figure and he performed with him overseas and here in the United States. As I held him I couldn't help but wonder if he could really 'talk' what stories he could tell about the people, places and events that have shaped his existence. If only 'dummies' could talk - and then again - maybe they can.


'Joey' used to tell Perc - " Be careful what you say or I'll spit in yer eye!" and then without warning 'Joey' would proceed to spit a stream of water into the audience. I can just imagine the reaction.

Our new website www.colonmichigan.org is a tribute to treasures like 'Joey' and the other jewels of this community. Won't you come visit?

No comments: