Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Zim Twins


Life is short.  I learned today of the passing of Gene Zimmerman in Elkhart, Indiana. Gene and his family lived in their lake cottage just a few doors down from us in Columbia City, Indiana. It was ironic that he was also a magician. He and his twin brother were known as 'The Zim Twins' and peformed at functions all over central Indiana in the 50's. He used to recall stories of meeting my idol Percy Abbott and how he helped them put their show together. I bought my first magic table from him. It was home made but cleverly designed and I used it for several years. He and his wife Diane came into the shop a few times and always offered an ecouraging word.

Gene was a family man first and their family,ours and the Davis' were a close knit group growing up at the 'lake'. He was a gentle man and his friendship will be missed. 

No comments: